Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This is Cole, the son of BG and Cookie. He was my pick of the litter and has been my best friend ever since. He sleeps in the house, walks on a leash, sits and stays, and rides in the front seat of my truck with me to work and everywhere I go. However, don't think for one minute he doesn't earn his keep. Cole has been undergoing training for blood-trailing and deer recovery. He started jumping and running his own deer at 4 months old and he hasn't quit yet.  Just this weekend he was leading the chase with his father BG as 10-12 long legged walker hounds brought up the rear. He's got a great temperment and I just can't say enough about his nose and tracking abilities. He's a great all around dog, great with kids, other dogs, and cats chickens and pigs. Oh and did I mention he's housebroken?! :)
Cole is currently at stud, as is his father BG. I'm reluctant to breed to Cookie again as she had some hormone problems after the last pregnancy and subsequently gained a lot of weight.  If you've got a good gyp your looking to breed either BG or Cole would definitely add something to your pack that it's taken me a long time to find, an outstanding all around dog with superior nose.

Cole will continue his blood trailing training this winter/spring, and hopefully next fall we'll be advertising him as a deer recovery service in central VA. $50 for within 35 miles, $75 up to 50 miles and $100 for within 75 miles. No deer, no pay.  May consider going further if I have time.  But if you've shot the buck of a lifetime, don't risk losing it, the small fee we charge is a drop in the hat compared to the taxidermist :) haha